Cancer Program Registrar
Forbes Magazine has announced New Hanover Regional Medical Center is one of America’s Best Employers of 2018. Our organization is the region’s largest healthcare provider, employing over 7,000 people who have a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others. This is the ideal place for you to further your career.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center is searching for an experienced Cancer Program Registrar to join our growing Team!
The Cancer Program Registrar will:
- identify and abstract diagnoses, staging, and treatment information for patients with a malignancy according to the American College of Surgeons' (ACoS) and North Carolina Central Cancer Registry's standards.
- Retrieve, and analyze registry data; perform quality control functions to assure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Education: Associate Degree (Bachelors' preferred) in related field. One year experience with medical terminology, college level anatomy and physiology required.
- Licensure / Certifications: Certified Tumor Registrar, LPN, RN, RRA, ART preferred. Certification by National Cancer Registrars Association required immediately following eligibility.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience in health care setting, Cancer Registry experience preferred
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 7,000 employees
Join Our Talented Team Today!
Leading Our Community to Outstanding Health
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity